Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 5 May 2022
Our publications, this website and our services are owned and delivered by List Publishing Limited ("The List", "we", "our" or "us") unless specifically indicated otherwise and are operated and controlled from the United Kingdom and are subject to these terms and conditions.
Our main place of business is 2 Roxburgh Place, Edinburgh EH8 9SU, United Kingdom (SC717628).
These terms and conditions, and your use of our publications, this website and our services are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Scotland.
By using the website, you (“readers”, "user", "users", "visitors") acknowledge and agree that:
- Copyright in the content of our publications and this website is owned by The List, or under agreement from a copyright owning partner, or under other rights you have granted us. All rights are reserved and are protected by copyright, database, design and other rights. The content (“Our Content”) of our publications, apps and websites includes editorial and listings, advertising and comments, reviews, photos, videos, sound, data and any material that users of the services or readers of our publications contribute. By supplying or making available content, you agree that you have the right to allow us to use the material and distribute it to third parties, and your grant of rights is not contravening other rights. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of Our Content in whole or in part without the prior written agreement of The List. All permitted copying, redistribution or publication of Our Content, shall require the user to agree that there shall be no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend, copyright or other rights notice and shall include links to this website.
- Individuals or organisations who supply or make content available including advertisements, comments, reviews, photos, videos, data or any other material, via the website or via means of post, email, FTP, URL or other method, grant us rights to use it under these terms and conditions except to the extent an agreement or variation signed by both parties has been executed. Our distribution of content to third parties, which may contain your personal data, will take place where we have made a legitimate assessment of compliance with GDPR, the processing purpose is modest and should be well understandable by you.
- The contact data, and in particular business email addresses are provided solely for the purpose of assisting consumers with customer service matters and other activities as indicated. You agree not to compile any contact or email lists nor to use such addresses for marketing any product or service.
- The permitted re-use of content through API, RSS, widget or other supply or feed mechanism that may from time to time be offered on the website or otherwise, unless covered by another written agreement with The List, are subject to all terms and conditions herein. In particular such permitted re-use shall be subject to ensuring that no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright or other rights notice shall be made. You will consider the risks involved in using any content and accept that, notwithstanding the testing and tuning we have undertaken, that the use of a supply or feed mechanism in any form may have an adverse impact on the speed of your device or web site.
You agree to use the RSS or widget only to provide summaries, each with a functional link to the associated item on our website that shall display the full content immediately (e.g., no jump pages or other intermediate or interstitial pages). You further agree not to frame or otherwise control the browser window (if any) in which our content opens, including limiting the size or position of such window. The List reserves the right to alter, modify or withdraw any service without notice and provides no service level agreement for speed or uptime. We may determine that a supply or feed mechanism is placing an unacceptable processing burden and withdraw the service.
- The List is the registered trademark of List Publishing Limited. The names, images and logos identifying The List and its products and services are proprietary marks of The List, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks without obtaining permission may be an infringement of rights in those marks and The List reserves all rights to enforce such rights. We hold rights in the following marks The List, www.list.co.uk, www.thelist.co.uk, film.list.co.uk, edinburghfestival.list.co.uk, food.list.co.uk and associated logos.
- The List provides the content in good faith but no guarantee or representation is given that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date. Use of content on the website is at your own risk.
- The information included in the What's On Data has been supplied to List Publishing Ltd by The List Limited and is subject to changes. Readers are advised to check with the venue or event organiser before relying in any way on the details published here. List Publishing Ltd and The List Limited are unable to accept responsibility for any loss or liability arising from any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in these listings.
- While The List takes reasonable precautions on the website to prevent computer viruses and other malicious programs no liability is accepted for them. Connection to this site will be transmitted via public networks, and The List makes no warranty or representation that the operation of this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, and disclaims all liability in respect thereof.
- This website contains links to other websites, including booking links. The List is not responsible or liable for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is linked from or to this, or any use of personal data by such a third party. The inclusion of any link on the website does not imply endorsement by The List of the linked site and The List offers no guarantee or liability for the efficient operation of these sites. Access to linked third party websites is at your own risk. Please note that these Terms and Conditions apply solely to this website and not to any linked third party sites.
- The List keeps track of the number of visitors to its website, the pages they visit and how long they stay. We also collect information from visitors, including click data on advertisements, so that we are able to measure interest, tailor the presentation, and otherwise personalise our service. We will inform advertisers and partners about the number of visitors their advert has generated and other user behaviour.
- These terms and conditions may be modified from time to time. Continued access or use of the Service by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to these terms and conditions.
- By using this service, the user represents and warrants that he or she will not use the service in any manner that would violate these Terms and Conditions or any third party's copyright, intellectual property, or other rights. Any violations or potential violations should promptly be reported to [email protected].
The List does not accept liability for any loss incurred by error or omission of any advertisement. In the event that advertising materials do not reach The List by any agreed deadline, the advertiser remains liable for the full cost of the advertisement and The List reserves the right to use the inventory or fill the space as it sees fit. Cancellation is not offered on any confirmed booking. The List, entirely at its discretion, will endeavour to meet changes in requirements requested at least 20 working days in advance of the earlier of the start date or the advert being sent to print. The List will not publish any advertisement which The List consider may be in breach of the law or is otherwise defamatory or libellous. The advertiser shall indemnify The List in respect of any costs and expenses arising out of any claim resulting from the advertisement.
Payment is required before publication or delivery of services unless credit facilities have been agreed in advance and in writing. The List will charge 8% interest on overdue accounts plus any costs incurred in securing payment. We will notify you of these charges in advance. Where applicable, VAT will be added at the prevailing rate – currently 20% in the United Kingdom.
The website includes a comment and user review system (collectively Comments) and we aim to establish exchange of information and opinions about the content and listings we publish.
Users submitting Comments are requested to follow our guidelines and must comply with the law. This will enable dissent and debate to be a healthy part of such exchange.
- Comments should be focused on the topic addressed and avoid swear words. Use of CAPITAL LETTERS is nearly always unhelpful.
- Users value well-presented and written material: The List will remove Comments that are poorly presented.
- Comments should only submit URLs that are directly relevant to the place or event. Obviously commercial or spam-like contributions will be removed.
- Users should not submit Comments that could harass on grounds of sex, race, gender or disability, or is offensive to others sexuality.
- Users should not submit Comments that are obscene, threatening, menacing, abusive, or in breach of confidence.
- Users must avoid Comments that identify an individual in an invidious manner. The List will remove Comments that may be libellous.
- Users must not post material which is the copyright of a third party.
The List reserves the right to edit or delete comments without reason.
By your use of the comment system, you indicate your consent to The List, at its discretion, determining that a breach of these guidelines shall be deemed a breach of our terms and conditions of use of the website.
Rules for competitions and offers
The List runs competitions and offers from time to time in print and on our sites for the benefit of readers. The following general rules apply:
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entry is open to UK residents only.
- Offers are subject to availability.
- Only original List magazine vouchers or if provided prints of list.co.uk vouchers may be used (as specified in the individual offer).
- Prize will be drawn within one week of closing date.
- Only the winners will be contacted personally.
- Winners will be notified by telephone or email.
- As prizes may be time sensitive, if we are unable to reach you by phone, we may re-draw the competition.
- Entrants must provide the entry details as specified.
- Entrants may be required to be 18 years of age or older.
- Offers and prizes are not transferable.
- No purchase necessary.
- Employees of The List and any company associated with specific promotion, and their families, are not eligible to enter competitions.
- Proof of sending post/email is not proof of our receipt of your entry.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
- The closing date is as specified.
- The prize must be collected, if appropriate, within one month of notification.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize or offer and no other prize is available for request. But in the event of the advertised prize being unavailable The List reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity.
- No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by sponsors.
- Use of false name or address, i.e. name, by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- The List reserves the right to amend these rules from time to time.
- The prize winners will be selected at random by The List. The List's decision is final in every situation, including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them.
- Competitions and Offers may have individual additional conditions as indicated.
- The List will not pass on entrants' personal details to any other organisation without their permission, except if necessary for the purpose of awarding the prize or if the entrant has agreed to a competition's specific terms and conditions whereby it is stipulated that details will be shared.
- Copies, re-prints, commercial access and CLA licensed use
The List are members of the PLS and consent to use of content under several CLA licences.
Sale of services and products on sites owned by List Publishing Ltd.
The sites include but are not limited to www.list.co.uk, film.list.co.uk, edinburghfestival.list.co.uk and food.list.co.uk. These are general terms and conditions for services and products offered on the websites which are provided by List Publishing Ltd., and in some cases an operating company or business unit within the group. Substitute products and services will not be provided unless specifically agreed with you. Our online shop, shop.list.co.uk, is provided only for consumer purchases for non-commercial use. For any commercial purchases, please contact [email protected]. Some products and services may be in limited supply, for which we only have archival quantities, and we reserve the right not to fulfil any orders in which case a full refund will be made.
You have the right to return the goods and receive a refund within fourteen days of purchase except in the case of the sale of an issue of any magazine, any digital product which the consumer has unsealed or otherwise started using, or other product which by its nature has a time specific value (e.g. an event ticket). We will refund your postage costs for returning goods on request. When you make a purchase from the Shop (e.g. purchasing a subscription or a single copy of the current issue) you will receive written confirmation of your transaction. All queries or requests for any refund related to the supply of products or services should be made to List Publishing Ltd., 2 Roxburgh Place, Edinburgh EH8 9SU or by emailing us at [email protected]. We will charge a modest fee to process refunds.
THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NEITHER THE LIST NOR ANY GROUP COMPANY, SUCCESSORS, AFFILIATES, OR ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, "THE LIST") SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO PREVENT THE RECOVERY OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES (EVEN IF THE LIST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES).